How will we do that?
By supporting local creative businesses, organizations and events.
What will we do exactly?
- Represent the interests of the creative sector to government
- Host conferences and events that encourage creative business to migrate to North Bay
- Establish a micro-grant program for organizations and events
- Help to market the sector within and beyond the community
- Work with the city to implement policy around arts and culture
- Unify the creative sector in North Bay
What's the big picture?
The creative sector:
- Diversifies the local economy to encourage investment & job creation
- Combats youth out-migration
- Sustains a vibrant city centre
- Expresses a unique community identity
- Drives tourism
- Creates a healthy community
- Unifies the creative sector
- Supports collaboration and resource sharing
Why should we care?
The creative industry contributes more to the GDP in Ontario than forestry, mining and agriculture combined.